The upper mount is quite a bit bigger, so I need to have my MM3 working well enough to print something large, and I've finally reached that point.
Similar to the lower LED mount, this one is made up of 3 parts: a back, an LED Holder and a Shield.
I initially had problems with one end of the shield lifting when I printed it, so I created a variation with a brim at either end.
It turns out that the white plastic piece is about the same thickness as the U-channel that runs across the top of the printer. I wanted the white plastic piece to be right up against the metal, so the way I designed it you need to cut the bottom off of the white plastic. This shows a side view of everything mounted and you can see the notch in the shield piece:
I used a sharpie marker along the edge:
and put a score mark using a knife blade while the platic was held in the shield:
I then scored the plastic a half-dozen times using the knife:
and was able to break off the lower pieces using some pliers:
I wound up with this in a few places, and used a file to get the edge smooth:
The trimmed plastic piece should then look like this in the shield:
I also puut a strip of black electrical tape across the top (this is to cover a light gap that I found after putting everything together):
Oops. The slot isn't quite wide enough (the LED on the left is partially covered):
That's what a nibbler is for (I'll revise the model to make the slot a few mm wider):
Here it is with all of the pieces together (except the diffuser):
This is the light leak I was talking about earlier (that I covered up using electrical tape):
I ran the wires in the back channel of the 2040:
I used one of these clips at the top and bottom: